About Svedka Vodka
Vodka is one of the easiest liquors to mix and drink thanks to its neutral flavor and odorless composition. And when vodka is pre-flavored, it takes all the guesswork out of cocktails. So Svedka Vodka has made it its mission to provide delicious, mixable flavored vodkas that make mixology quicker and simpler than ever.
Svedka is an American-owned, Swedish-made vodka produced by Constellation Brands in New York. But it hasn’t always been so. Originating as a small-sized vodka distillery, Svedka rose to popularity after Constellation purchased the vodka for over USD 300 million in 2008, launching several marketing campaigns that raised the mid-priced vodka to prominence and popularity.
But let’s rewind to Svedka’s roots. It was launched in 1998 in a hundreds-year old town in Sweden called Lydkoping. While the brand itself is newer than most liquors, it’s rooted in over 500 years of Swedish vodka-making tradition and embraces the pastoral region where it’s distilled.
In fact, Sweden is famous for its history of vodka, and the citizens of the country take this very seriously. Vodka distilleries there must take extra care that they honor the heritage of the spirit and produce nothing that’s less than exceptional, lest they taint the honorable industry that is Swedish spirits.
Like many other Swedish vodkas, Svedka is made of winter wheat which produces a soft mouth feel and an even softer flavor, unlike some counterparts like English wheat and corn which create a spicier palate.
Since Svedka was purchased in 2008 by Constellation, they have expanded their lineup to include several core flavors, some limited edition ones, and a Svedka hard seltzer.
Where to Buy Svedka
Svedka is one of the most notorious mid-priced vodkas on the market, so it’s available everywhere liquor is sold. If your local liquor store or market liquor aisle has a decent-sized vodka section, it’ll be there. Look for it in Costco, Publix, and your local liquor or ABC store. To make sure the flavor you’re looking for is in stock, visit drizly.com and search using your zip code.
Svedka Vodka Prices
|Winter Wheat Vodka|
|Svedka 80P Vodka||40% (80 proof)||50ml||$1.10|
|Svedka Blue Raspberry||35% (70 proof)||50ml||$1.10|
|Svedka Cherry Limeade||35% (70 proof)||50ml||$1.10|
|Svedka Mango Pineapple||35% (70 proof)||50ml||$1.10|
|Svedka Cucumber Lime||35% (70 proof)||50ml||$1.10|
|Svedka Strawberry Lemonade||35% (70 proof)||50ml||$1.10|
|Svedka Citron||35% (70 proof)||50ml||$1.10|
|Svedka Raspberry||35% (70 proof)||50ml||$1.10|
|Svedka Peach||35% (70 proof)||50ml||$1.10|
|Vodka Tropic Tea Spritz|
|Svedka Pineapple Guava Seltzer||5% ABV||12oz x 4pk||$12.00|
|Svedka Raspberry Kiwi Seltzer||5% ABV||12oz x 4pk||$12.00|
|Svedka Orange Mango Seltzer||5% ABV||12oz x 4pk||$12.00|
|Svedka Mango Pineapple Soda||8% ABV||12oz x 4pk||$12.00|
|Svedka Strawberry Lemonade Soda||8% ABV||12oz x 4pk||$12.00|
|Svedka Black Cherry Lime Soda||8% ABV||12oz x 4pk||$12.00|
Svekda Vodka Buying Guide
Svedka has expanded to include several ranges of products. Here’s an overview of each style on offer to help you make the most educated purchasing decision.
This is Svedka’s original, 80 proof recipe, steeped in Swedish winter wheat tradition. It’s produced from 100% winter wheat grain, and is five-times distilled and filtered to produce a soft vodka with a medium body. This blends easily with ingredients for cocktails that have no flavor interference from the spirit.
These flavors are sweet and pack a big punch of flavor for easy mixing and flavored shooting. Classic flavors like peach, raspberry, and citron compliment classic cocktails. And mixed flavors like strawberry lemonade, blue raspberry, and cherry limeade provide a complex flavor mashup for quick cocktails.
Svedka has two styles of seltzers available: vodka soda and vodka tea spritz. The vodka soda beverages have double the alcohol content and are composed of Svedka’s flavored vodkas with soda water. The Vodka Tea Spritzes use flavored vodkas in a hard tea and have a lower alcohol content for a refreshing warm-weather drink.
The Best Way(s) to Drink Svedka Vodka
Svedka is created to be mixed. Svedka’s original recipe is soft and smooth, making it virtually tasteless in a great cocktail. And Svedka’s flavored options mix well with single mixers for a cocktail that tastes like it contains more effort than it does.
1) Svedka Main Squeeze
- 1 part SVEDKA Strawberry Lemonade vodka
- 1 part tonic water (or club soda)
- Squeeze of lemon
- 1 fresh strawberry (for garnish)
Pour SVEDKA Strawberry Lemonade vodka and tonic water (or club soda) into a rocks glass filled with ice. Add a squeeze of lemon to taste and stir. Garnish with sliced strawberries.
2) Svedka Salty Dog
- 2 parts SVEDKA vodka
- 4 parts grapefruit juice
- Salt (for garnish)
Pour SVEDKA Vodka and grapefruit juice into a salt-rimmed rocks glass filled with ice. Stir well.
3) Svedka MMM_Mango
- 2 parts SVEDKA Mango Pineapple vodka
- 1 part piña colada mix
- Fresh mango slices (for garnish)
Pour SVEDKA Mango Pineapple vodka and piña colada mix into a blender filled with ice. Blend until smooth. Pour into a Hurricane glass and garnish with fresh mango slices.
4) Svedka Bloody
- 1½ parts SVEDKA Vodka
- 4 parts tomato juice
- ½ part fresh lemon juice
- 2 grinds black pepper
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 2 dashes hot sauce
- pinch garlic powder (optional)
- citrus wedge and olives (for garnish)
Build ingredients in a mixing glass with ice. “Roll” from one glass to another until cold and well mixed, and pour into a tall glass. Garnish with citrus wedges and olives.
5 Best Things to Mix with Svedka Vodka
- Soda water: Mix soda water with any of Svedka flavored vodkas for an instant flavored cocktail. You can also pour soda water over Svedka 80P on the rocks with a squeeze of lime for something more understated.
- Pineapple juice: Pineapple juice is known to kill the flavor of ethanol, so pour a splash of pineapple over a Svedka for something easy to sip.
- Cranberry juice: This tart mixer goes well with Svedka 80P and many of the Svedka flavors. If you think it’ll taste good with cranberry, it’ll be good with a splash of “cran”.
- Ginger ale: Ginger beer is a main ingredient in the classic “mule” cocktail, so try topping Svedka in a tall glass with ginger ale for something similar, but a bit less strong.
- Orange juice: Like pineapple, most of Svedka’s flavors go well with orange, so use this combination for a fun take on a screwdriver.
Alternatives to Svedka Vodka
- Skyy Vodka: $13- This trendy, yet affordable, vodka was made with cocktails in mind. Thus, the makers attempt to create something truly flavorless that won’t interfere with complex mixology.
- Smirnoff Vodka: $14- While Svedka has roots in Swedish vodka-making, Smirnoff has a classic Russian recipe (though it’s now an American vodka). Try this if you want to taste something from another region to taste the difference.
- Absolut Vodka: $20– Absolut is another Swedish vodka, and it has a similar flavor, though it’s a bit more top shelf and has a more rigorous production standard.
- Ciroc Vodka: $21– Ciroc is a French vodka produced from grapes, one of the only of its kind.
- Ketel One: $24- Ketel One is known for its charcoal filtration, and it’s arguably the most flavorless vodka available. It’s also one of the few vodkas produced with careful oversight from a master distiller.
- Tito’s Vodka: $25– Tito’s is the best selling American vodka, produced of midwest corn and Texan water.